The action and excitement of world Va'a (outrigger) Sprint Racing is coming to the Sunshine Coast. This is a unique opportunity to experience a truly multi cultural event in a premium location. The Va'a World Sprints 2016 will provid excellent viewing opportunities with fast paced multi day racing over 250 and 500 metre courses at Lake Kawana on the Sunshine Coast.
There are also numerous activities and ceremonies throughout the event including a cultural evening, canoes blessings, a grand opening ceremony and a market village all freely available.
Lake Kawana provides excellent race viewing options. You can mix with the action and adrenaline of the competitors Race Side (eastern side of Lake Kawana) with viewing areas along the main 250 metre course and beyond. On the opposite western side of Lake Kawana in the Lake Side area there are picnic and sitting areas allowing you to bring the family and settle in for the day. If you are looking for more we have Corporate and VIP areas on the top of Sunshine Coast Stadium with panoramic views across the full race course and lake.
The Va'a World Sprints 2016 is an open event with free access to all events and activities:
- All the action and excitement of international racing.
- A truly multi cultural event with 35 invited countries and the strong cultural links of Va'a outrigger canoeing.
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies in the Sunshine Coast Stadium.
- Cultural Evening with visiting members providing traditional displays.
- Excellent viewing options:
- Race Side in the midst of all the action.
- Lake Side for a more relaxed picnic environment.
- Corporate and VIP areas on the top floor of the Sunshine Coast Stadium with panoramic views across the event. Access to these areas is restricted so if you are interested in a premium experience Contact Us to discuss how we can work together to deliver a once in a lifetime event.
- Market Village with an extensive range of food, products and services.
Come and join us, for a day, a week or the full event at Lake Kawana, Sunshine Coast, Australia, 5th to 15th May 2016.