The Sunshine Coast location is exceptional and the area an outstanding stand alone tourist destination. The Australian National OC6 Marathon Titles are also on the Sunshine Coast at Mooloolaba the following weekend.
It is time to talk to your fellow paddlers, coaches and clubs. Spread the word and start forming your teams. If you are looking to make a team and need paddlers post details on Facebook and include #VaaWorldSprintsMakeATeam.
- Paddler Information Released by IVF and Va'a World Sprints 2016 - X
Select required title from dropdown.
- Va'a World Sprints Update December 2015 / January 2016 English (pdf)
- Va'a World Sprints Update December 2015 / January 2016 French (pdf)
- Para Va'a Classification Documents November 2015 English (zip)
- Para Va'a Classification Documents November 2015 French (zip)
- IVF Race Rules FAQ Release November 2015 English (pdf)
- Va'a World Sprints Update October 2015 English (pdf)
- IVF World Sprints Invitation English (pdf)
- Invitation VaaWS (AOCRA) English (pdf)
- IVF World Sprints Invitation Francais (pdf)
- Invitation VaaWS (AOCRA) Francais (pdf)
Qualifying and Registration
The IVF Va'a World Elite & Club Sprint Championships 2016 are run on behalf of the International Va'a Federation and event registration is provided through the IVF World Sprints Site.
An Area Co-ordinator is appointed by each International Va'a Federation Member and manages the qualifying and registration process. Area Co-ordinator details are available on the Area Co-ordinator page of the IVF World Sprints Site.
Para Events provides additional information specifically for Para Va'a competitors.
IVF Event Registration Time Line
- Invited IVF Members - Va'a World Sprints 2016 - X
- American Samoa
- California USA
- Cook Islands
- East Coast USA
- Great Britain
- Hawaii USA
- Hong Kong
- Mariana Islands
- Marshall Islands
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- Pacific NW
- Papau New Guinea
- Rapa Nui
- Wallis & Futuna
World Elite Championship paddlers who also paddle in the World Club Championship only need to pay a single USD $100 fee. V1 Paddlers who just paddle V1's only need pay a single USD $80 fee.
For Australian paddlers information released by the AOCRA Australian Area Co-ordinator is available on the AOCRA Va'a World Sprints page.